ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 18million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IMPACT Field Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Under the direct line management of the IMPACT Senior Field Officer, the IMPACT Field Officer is responsible for:
- Coordination of IMPACT data collection activities in field locations:
- Hiring, training and leading data collection teams:
- Internal and external relations
- Two field officers will be hired for each state (Adamawa, Borno, Yobe)
- Assessment Preparation and Planning:
- The IMPACT Field Officer will be responsible for hiring enumeration teams, training them on the use of data collection tools (ODK) and methodology, and leading the teams in the field.
- Ensuring that IMPACT monitoring activities are implemented in the field with relevant project and program objectives and with IMPACT’s research cycle and other relevant guidelines.
- Data Collection and Management:
- Monitor data collection, ensuring its correct implementation in line with agreed TORs;
- Ensure regular situation updates on data collection is properly communicated. Provide support and follow up on identified challenges during the data collection process.
- During data collection, conduct daily debriefs for monitors before and after deployment, on security awareness, personal safety, duration, and destination of travel.
- Timely documentation of all field observations/challenges using a relevant document from the dropbox
- Ensure strict adherence to ACTED’s security SOPs by FA’s and FS at all times.
- Conduct training on updated tool/ new tools for monitors before the start of data collection.
- In close coordination with the IMPACT Manager, S/He will clean and manage qualitative, quantitative and spatial data collected by the IMPACT team and enumerators.
- The IMPACT Field Officer will be responsible for identifying and organizing respondents for focus group discussion, facilitating or co-facilitating the discussion and recording results
- Routine communication of all field activities, data collection progress and other key findings to management in a timely and effective manner.
- Responsible for directly supervising the activities of field surveyors.
- Foster strategic partnerships with key stakeholders in the field; establish and maintain a network of Local stakeholders (Bulamas, SEMA, NEMA, Government officials and other local authorities) to ensure the smooth running of data collection.
- The IMPACT Field Officer will have custodial responsibility for all IMPACT assets (computers, GPS devices, smartphones, etc) at their operational base, and will need to work with the IMPACT team and ACTED Logistics to ensure serviceability of assets and availability of consumables (printer ink, paper, pens, etc)
- The field officer will support the FM in the proper management of cash needs including planning, forecasting and reporting. The field officer will also ensure that all casual hires are in line with ACTED’s guideline. He’ll also ensure that all logistical (vehicle, airtime, data and accommodation) needs for data collection are properly planned for and executed.
- The field officer will ensure proper documentation and timely submission of all payment request is sent to FM and FLATS officer.
- The IMPACT Field Officer will be responsible for supervising junior national staff participating in their assigned duties as well as building technical capacity related to data collection.
- The IMPACT Field Officer may be called upon to work on other IMPACT programmes in various locations in Nigeria including, but not limited to, remote LGA capitals, as the security situation allows.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a strong focus on both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies preferred
- Minimum of one year working in humanitarian responses
- Experience conducting focus group discussions, or the ability to learn rapidly
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skill
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Fluency in written and spoken fluency in English a must; additional fluency in Hausa and Kanuri preferred
- Ability to work independently.
- Substantial knowledge regarding managing data collection in an NGO
- Previous experience in Third Party Monitoring (TPM), an asset.
- Strong skills with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong technical writing skills
- Experience collecting information using hand-held GPS devices
- Experience using ODK for quantitative data collection
- Experience hiring and managing casual laborers
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th November, 2020.
Interested candidates are invited to send a Cover Letter and an updated CV as a single document (3-page minimum) in English using the link below, carefully observing the details as follows:
- Contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional references must be provided, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer including that of the HR/Admin person. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applicants who are able to perform the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. CV’s – only applications will not be considered.
- Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail; otherwise, it may not be considered
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. We apologise for the inconvenience.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- For general information about ACTED, please consult: www.acted.org