African Foundries Limited (AFL) was established to support the accelerating growth in Nigeria by making the country self-reliant for steel rebars and eliminating its dependence on imported rebars. AFL is set up to reach a 0.5 million-ton per year capacity for high strength rebars and allied products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
This position is to get the African Foundries Limited plant certified with ISO 9001/ ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 international standards and then maintain the certification and comply with all requirements of the standards:
- To keep the efficient global emergency preparedness & response process current by updating any changes and ensuring that all components are functioning well including ambulance, first aid clinic, availability of qualified nurses, Fire-fighting equipment, Alarms and emergency teams in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- To identify and maintain Hazards material list and MSDS, to ensure that all concerned personal are aware of it.
- Send monthly incident report to Management.
- To ensure that any dangerous or hazardous activity is immediately stopped or appropriate preventive actions taken.
- To organize a safety committee meeting- to ensure that all critical items are brought to the attention of management and follow up the progress on earlier.
- To prepare & Update PPE matrix for work location/activities- ensure procurement, stock, distribution and compliance of PPE and present reports to Management for review, follow up the status of closure of non-compliance.
- Develop and recommend improvements to all Quality Management Systems.
- To carry out training of staff and ensure awareness of the required standard of AFL’s health & safety rules and guidelines.
- Candidates should possess a BSc qualification
- Applicants must reside in Abuja.
- Applicants must have similar work experience in a large plant.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 15th October, 2020.