Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analyst, Global Analytics
Job type: Full-time
Reporting to: Lead, Machine Learning & Analytics
- We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
- The Data Analyst will be a part of a Global Analytics team with strong technology, business process and consulting experience, and will benefit from world-class professional development opportunities and get unparalleled exposure across a leading solar company that delivers life-changing products to customers across Africa and Asia.
- The Data Analyst works out of the Lagos Office in Nigeria as part of the Global Analytics team to help Greenlight Planet’s commercial business unit make data-driven decisions.
- The Data analyst has experience in data cleaning, data transformation and metrics optimization.
- Business Analysis: Understand business questions and hypotheses, determine output metrics to answer them, transform raw data to final output metrics and present the findings to business stakeholders through the company’s business intelligence platform.
- Data management: Oversee deployment of data to Data Warehouse (Amazon Redshift) and building efficient data pipelines to serve company-wide reporting.
- Experience in conducting most of the following types of analysis will be a plus: Sales trend analysis (analyzing trends across channel, product mix, geography, sales rep, customer segments), sales effectiveness, churn analysis, incentive compensation reporting, customer segmentation.
- Reporting: Assist in identifying and delivering on new reporting capabilities. Take reporting tasks from idea to implementation. Communicate complex metrics in a visually intuitive manner to business users
The ideal Data Analyst:
- Analytics Experience: Minimum of 2 years.
- Critical Thinker: Very strong ability to structure problems and drive towards solutions even in ambiguous situations
- Values-driven: Driven by the social mission to provide clean energy and employment to rural communities.
- Track record of success academically or professionally
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Owning one’s tasks and being able to work independently and figure things out.
- Highly Proficient in the use of SQL for extraction and manipulation of data (This is a compulsory requirement).
- Python programming knowledge is an added advantage.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience of Mode / Looker / Qlikview / Tableau will be a plus.
- Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist! So, regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV / Aids status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position.