Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Supervisor
Location: Gwange, Borno
Contract: Open ended contract six month probation period – 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Supervise the rehabilitation works of MSF building inside Gwange Hospital in Borno State
- Ensure technical support for his area of activity and provides coaching to logistics staff under his / her responsibility.
- Supervise the contractors and / or daily workers during the construction.
- Ensure the good quality of the material used during the construction.
- Ensure that the security measures are respected on the construction site (personal protective equipment, fencing.
- Ensure that the line manager is informed of any problems that might be linked to the construction and the existing MSF premises.
- Immediately inform the line manager of any problems that arise during the work, particularly about damage, loss, theft or attempted break-ins.
- Understand the project in his wholeness, take into account also the electrical system, the water and sanitation.
- Follow and check the project chronogram.
- Control, supervise and ensure that the works are carried out according to the quality and the specifications of the construction project.
- Ensure the material delivery date according to the planning.
- Control and report about supply work, timeline, material quality.
- Support and supervise the Construction Storekeeper.
- Forecast, manage and follow up orders done for the construction, based on stock data
- Ensure orders are correctly taken into account by the Purchasing Clerk.
- Responsible for tools and equipment provided during the construction.
- Keep the working area clean and tidy.
- In conjunction with MCR, negotiate with a subcontractor on the scope of work and pricing.
- Write a weekly situation report including an update on works done, planning, materials and workers on site. As well as planning the following week with the supervision of the MCR
- Education: Essential, secondary education; desirable Engineering or construction diploma / education
- Experience: Essential 2 years of previous experience in similar jobs, MSF experience is an asset
- Ability to read and understand construction plans
- Knowledge of construction structural analysis
- Knowledge of different construction systems and materials (metal, clay brick and concrete in particular)
- Ability to accurately describe and assess the status of a construction project and be ready to provide possible solutions when necessary
- A positive attitude and willingness to encourage co-worker
- Ability to communicate with subcontractor, suppliers and clients
- Resolute person, with the capacity to find a solution to the problems without being blocked.
- Knowledge of water and Sanitation work
- Deep Knowledge of local construction material work
- Deep knowledge of main Nigerian construction
Monthly Gross salary of NGN 303,781.00 Naira only plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Submit your CV and a Cover Letter with contact details to the “MSF Administration” email to: email@example.com with “Gwange Construction Supervisor” as email subject.
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before the closing date stated abive
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system
Application Deadline 15th November, 2020.