British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Operator
Job Number: 30417
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Appointment Type: Permanent
- British American Tobacco is looking to hire an Logistics Operator to join our team in Ibadan, Nigeria
- This work involves offering support to the Supply Chain departement in order to manufacture products on time and in full according to specified quality standards and at optimum cost, by providing basic warehousing functions of receipt and storage of goods under supervision.
- Proper stock and warehouse management to ensure storage and handling of leaf grades are done as per BAT best practice.
- Prompt loading and offloading of leaf tobacco grades and arrange for fumigation and supplies of blends, that all tobacco is properly fumigated to avoid supplying infested beetles to PMD.
- Develop and coach self through personal development programs and training.
- Manage the EHS and housekeeping procedures within the warehouses and ensure strict adherence
- Manage and report the status of all material handling equipment’s to ensure their maintainability to avoid equipment failure.
- Maintain good working relationship with local logistics and labor providers, with internal customers and with all other functions and warehousing staff.
- Maintain a close relationship with agency managing off site warehouses, logistics and labor service providers.
- The job holder will cultivate and maintain a close working relationship with PMD, QA, Finance, Planning and other unit that has interface with the warehousing functions.
- Ensure moldy/infested tobacco is moved to quarantined approved marked area.
- Uninterrupted supplies of leaf grades to PMD on Time In Full.
- Follow FIFO to supply Diet, Recon and CLD.
- Posting of materials must be done according to picking list and current BOM.
- Check Base Quantity before printing of PO and adhere to ‘NO SCAN, NO MOVE’
- Maintain new lot before GR and GR all offloaded materials into the system correctly.
- Maintain 98% stock accuracy throughout the year.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of hands on experience in production environment, preferably in an FMCG company
- Strong communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Analytical Skills.
- Higher National Diploma or Bchs. Degree in Science, Engineering, Statistics, Procurement or Supply Chain fields
- NYSC completed
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply